nuffnang

Friday, September 7, 2012

Who loves cheesecake?

And who doesn't?!

Right after we got married, I searched for many ways to be more creative with the dishes I cook, since my husband and I share a passion for eating. My mother-in-law cooks the best native (Filipino) dishes and my father-in-law can make international cuisines from experience when he worked as a chef on board shipping liners --  so just imagine the standards I have to keep up with my husband's palate!

Let me share with you this great cheesecake recipe that never failed to make me proud whenever I prepare this for my husband, my kid, and the whole family. Seven years ago, I came up with this after browsing through endless cheesecake recipes online. After studying the instructions and reading through hundreds of comments in her blog, I have decided that this may be the best recipe for an amateur like me.

I credit this recipe to Miss Lori Baltazar and her blog and Facebook page.

Simply Sinful Cheesecake

Ingredients:
2 cups crushed Graham Crackers crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, melted
2 (8 oz) cream cheese, softened (I prefer Philadelphia Cream Cheese)
1 can condensed milk 300 ml (I use Alaska or Carnation)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons calamansi juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).




2. Combine crumbs, sugar, and butter. Press firmly on bottom of 9" pan. (I wanted to divide the recipe into 4 servings so I used disposable aluminum foil baking pans I found in the grocery).
Bake for 10 minutes, or cook until you smell the butter. Set aside.




Tip: If you're using a springform pan, wrap the bottom in aluminum foil. Brush foil with butter so the cake won't stick.





3. With a mixer, beat cream cheese in a large bowl until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth.

Add eggs, calamansi juice, and vanilla extract. Mix well.

Tip: Soften cheese in microwave for 30-45 seconds. 






4. Pour into prepared pan, it doesn't matter if crust is still warm. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until center is slightly jiggly. Cool 1 hour.

Chill at least 4 hours to let flavors develop.







Tip: Don't freeze cheesecake with the toppings! The fruits will not taste as good when you take it out of the freezer. 

Lastly, wrap the cheesecake in foil or plastic before freezing. 


*Try this recipe and leave me a comment. I'm expecting that your cheesecake will be a success!

No comments:

Post a Comment