nuffnang

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Taho po!

It was a rainy Sunday morning and just as when I have decided it's a good weather to sleep until late afternoon, Wahvu shook the sleepiness out of my head and body.  "Mommy! Mommy!" I sat up immediately, both adrenaline rush and panic attack pushing me. 

"Mommy there's taho!" I listened between sounds of dogs barking and a man's voice echoing outside. "Tao po!" When I looked, it's just the mailman delivering the bills to my husband in the gate. Hee hee!

Poor Wahvu is craving for taho that morning. So we decided to wait for the taho man to pass by so we can have a tall glass of warm and sweet taho!

Finally Mr. Taho man arrived, but alas! There's very little left inside his container.

Taho is a bestseller in our village. It's almost empty when Mr. Taho man passed by our house today!

Taho, as described here by Wikipedia, is made from tofu, sugar syrup with vanilla (locally called as arnibal), and pearl tapioca (locally known as sago). 




The sago mixed with the right amount of arnibal makes a perfect serving of warm taho!



Yum! Yum! Yum! I'm craving for taho again!


3 comments: