nuffnang

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Spicy Button Mushrooms

My husband and I follow this kind of diet: Meatless Tuesdays and Fridays, Cheat Days on Saturdays and Sundays (an eat-all-you-can day for us), and Healthy Meats on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays.

I don't know how or what you'll call this kind of diet, maybe I just came up with it due to my hubby's health reasons. If I were to choose, we'd rather go meatless and vegetarian all the way. But that will not be good for our growing and hyperactive preschooler's health, in my opinion. 

Anyways, it is a Meatless Tuesday for us last night. I wanted something different and my taste buds are begging me to devour something spicy. And I wanted to eat something with vegetables, maybe a Ginisang Sitaw (Sauteed String Beans) -- with a twist! 

Let me share with you this recipe I came up with last night. It's just an experiment (shhh!), but my hubby and Wahvu loved it!


Spicy Button Mushrooms with Sitaw 

Ingredients:

1 can of button mushrooms
1/4 cup butter
1 medium onion, sliced
1 bunch of string beans (sitaw), cut in 2-3 inches in length
1 pack Mc Cormick Spicy Spareribs Seasoning Mix


1. Melt butter in pan, then add the mushrooms. 



2. While simmering the butter and mushrooms, dissolve the seasoning mix in 1-1/2 cup water.





3. Add the dissolved mix, and bring it to a boil.



4. Add the sitaw and onions.



5. Turn off heat after 3 to 5 minutes. I do not overcook my vegetables so it will be crispy when served.



Serve hot with rice. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment